formsflow.ai is an integrated forms, workflow and analytics framework
formsflow.AI - what is it?
AOT Technologies has combined leading open-source forms, workflow, analytics and security products with bespoke client and integration APIs to deliver a seamless, compelling alternative to COTS enterprise software solutions. formsflow.ai delivers the following special features :
- The product uses best-of-breed OS components and in turn gives back to OS community
- Zero licensing cost
Drag and drop Form Builder with rich UI components
- Easy customization/implementation of form design and actions
- Complex field support e.g. calculated, signature fields, conditional rendering etc.
Server-based workflow (or BPM) engine with full capabilities
- Graphical designer for workflows
- Easy association of digital forms
- Async, timed and parallel flows
- Assignment, reassignment, escalation of tasks.
Flexible Identity Management
- Uses existing customer identity management for single sign-on, roles and authentication (IDIR, BC Services Card, Github etc.)
- Also provides stand-alone implementation or federation if necessary
Integrated Metrics and Analytics
- Metrics to report on workflow metadata e.g. work outstanding
- Analytics to slice ‘n dice form data e.g. sentiment analysis, trends
- Easily deployable on-prem or on private/public cloud
Who uses it and what is it used for ?
There are 2 fundamental types of end users addressed by formsflow.ai , internal users (employees) and external users (members of the public). The solution is designed to be implemented and managed by an organisation,which might be a Government agency, a Government Department, a Corporation or a Small Business
For external users, the usage is best illustrated by this wishful thinking by a potential customer:
”Wouldn’t it be great to be able to easily make great-looking online forms for my end users to use, which seamlessly plug into my back-end business processes and which have a reporting framework with plenty of self-service forms, some common prebuilt workflows,with integrated analytics, important metrics, single sign-on, integrated UI. And low cost ?”
Typical use cases are :
- Applications for licences
- Public submissions
- FOI requests
- Applications for funding
- Statements of compliance
For internal users the usage revolves around compliance and efficiency. The following customer statement illustrates the core of the problem :
“Government and company policy often results in mandatory internal processes or tasks which may be distributed across multiple teams. In the current climate of constantly changing regulation and requirements, we need an agile and flexible framework to quickly and easily modify, track and monitor our processes and data. How can we facilitate change whilst ensuring compliance ?”
Use cases include :
- New employee onboarding
- Performance Reviews
- PIA / STRA processes
- Emergency processes
What’s under the covers ?
Combining the products of form.io, Camunda, Keycloak and redash to provide forms, workflow, security and analytics respectively is the AOT-developed progressive web application which provides a single user interface , integration platform and runtime framework so that everything works together seamlessly.
In addition AOT has thrown in some pre-built forms, workflows and data dashboards to use out-the-box or as a basis for customisation. An important feature which has been added is that of multi-tenancy capability, which means that a single installation can host multiple , logically isolated customers.
What are the key benefits ?
The key benefits of formsflow.ai are
- Greatly reduced development time
- Greatly reduced licensing cost
- Easily customized, versioned forms which can also be associated with pre-existing workflows
- Easily customizable workflows vs custom business logic code
- OTB workflows, forms and analytics dashboards, build your own or extend where needed
- Utilize existing user authentication systems
- Try it out with little effort, get in the experts to do the heavy lifting
How can we help you ?
Even though we have open-sourced our solution, and you are free to test-drive or build a solution using our product with no licensing cost from us, it might make sense to involve us in your project because we drastically reduce the time to implement your solution as well as dramatically reducing risk, for the following important reasons :
- We obviously know the open-source components of formsflow.ai , our contributions to them and our own integration software better than anyone.
- We have a combined expertise of many decades building workflow solutions in many open-source and COTS products such as TIBCO, Oracle, Camunda and Activiti.
- We have done over 5 implementations in BC alone using forms-based products including Oracle Forms, Orbeon and form.io
- We have tons of security and SSO experience (Keycloak, IDIM, WebADE, Shibboleth, OIDC, OAuth2, SAML )
- We are specialists in analytics and data science (Redash, TIBCO Spotfire, Power BI, Tableau, Python-based sentiment analysis, Video analytics)
- We have lots of BC Government experience in multiple Ministries.
Want a test-drive or more information ?
For more information or to try it out, check out the Github repository at :
Self Service Form Design
PDF Report Generation
Support and Professional Services Team
Connectors for Integration
Cloud or On-Premises
OAuth 2.0 based Authentication