Contrary to popular beliefs, the digital transformation wave hasn’t hit every business aiming to grow faster. Meanwhile, businesses that succeeded in digitally transforming themselves are figuring out new ways to keep evolving beyond the norms. Among the various methods at their disposal to achieve that, investing in enterprise application development is possibly the best choice in terms of productivity and security boosts.
To develop the best enterprise-grade applications, developers are challenged to choose the right tools and technologies. And among those technologies is Python – a long reigning champion for developers to build robust applications owing to its wide array of features, availability of resources, and versatility.
What makes Python still popular
Python is actually widely preferred by large organizations due to the ease of sourcing Python developers in addition to its vast feature-set. It’s ideal for enterprises planning to leverage complex software solutions and web applications. In addition, the open source Python is backed by a large, thriving community of developers focused on improving the language in many ways.
Here are a few of its features that help maintain the demand for Python to develop cutting-edge digital solutions.
- Open source
- Easy to learn
- Extensible in C and C++
- High level
Many corporate giants still use Python for various purposes. Facebook and Instagram use Python to deal with various processes and the tremendous amount of data they generate. Thanks to Python, Spotify has a powerful backend analytics platform. It’s also one of the four server-side languages that Google supports.
With Python, a business can build web applications and data science & analytics tools, and can be used for cloud computing and backend support. Its many advantages still make it one of the most competent languages at present.
Why use Python for Enterprise App Development
It’s super scalable
Python can be useful in handling different types of tasks and supports quite a few programming paradigms including procedural, functional, and object-centered paradigms. It’s designed in such a way that developers would be able to code functions quickly and create scripts on a large-scale efficiently.
Building large solutions won’t take a lot of time like when some other programming languages are used. So the development cost is reduced as well. Complementing this is Python’s incredible scalability i.e. the apps built using Python are scalable, and the language perfectly adapts to scaling even during development.
Access to massive libraries
Python developers are granted access to huge libraries where they can find modules that are tried and tested by the community to use in their own projects. This way they can develop solutions faster with possibly better features compared to the initial scope of their projects.
A few popular libraries that Python developers love using include:
- Pandas: A library with high-performance data structures.
- Numpy: A library that could come in handy for mathematical and scientific computing.
- Tensorflow: A library from Google that allows developers to imbue Deep Learning features and modules into their applications.
- Keras: A library for writing neural networks, Keras also makes it easier for developers to add machine learning capabilities to an application with Python.
The language has also been written into various popular frameworks including but not limited to Django, Pyramid, and Falcon.
- Easily understandable: Despite being a programming language, Python resembles English which is why coding in Python is generally considered intuitive. Python is also easy to understand which means developers would be able to identify and figure out the work created by others in the code. This also means a more seamless debugging process and code reviews.
- Rich open source ecosystem: Python developers can use a plethora of useful tools when developing an application thanks to its open source ecosystem. With a wide variety of compatible tools, its community pretty much ensured that Python users have an easier time handling GUIs, web development, game development, data science, image processing etc. These tools are also one of the reasons why Python development is faster.
- Faster prototyping: With Python, it’d be easier for developers to switch between prototype and the solution. The language also facilitates faster prototyping especially when the viability of the projects needs to be checked out. While proceeding further from the prototype phase, the developers won’t have to be concerned about losing their previous work as well.
- Dynamically evolving: Enterprise solutions are generally sophisticated, and their complexity demands developers to be more focused while working. The whole ordeal would seem more comfortable and intuitive with Python. In addition, Python is a dynamically evolving language where a new, more advanced version of the language comes out every couple of months with improvements, fixes, and a new array of features. Each release makes the development of time-intensive, complex projects much easier without compromising the application’s quality and integrity.
- Python’s code-light nature allows developers to develop complex enterprise-grade solutions faster without compromising quality.
- Python facilitates faster prototyping, and seamless switching between prototypes and the solution.
- Python is impressively scalable and versatile, and can help developers handle many common programming challenges efficiently.
- Python’s library support allows developers to imbue sophisticated features into the applications being developed while greatly improving quality.
- Python’s optimal integration capabilities allow developers to use powerful tools during development and add unique features into the applications without hassle.
- The Python community, surprisingly, is still growing. And at a great pace. As more Python developers join the fray, the core functionality and features of the language expand to meet modern technological requirements.
Despite Python reducing complexity considerably, there still can be problems. Technical issues are almost always solvable as experts in the Python community are quite dedicated at helping each other solve issues. The Python technical forums are indispensable for budding Python enthusiasts.
In a nutshell, it doesn’t seem like Python will lose its momentum; even as new technologies and worthy successors pop up. The language simply doesn’t let an enterprise down.
If you are thinking of developing a great application with Python for your business, make sure you invest in a developer with ample experience and expertise. Python developers at AOT have both. Drop us a message to learn how our Python expertise can upgrade your business.